The City of Pasadena invites community members to provide input on the key attributes, experience and background they would like the next director of the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department (PRCS) to possess in order to best serve the needs of the community. A virtual Microsoft Teams meeting will be held Wednesday, May 24, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. so that community members may share their thoughts.
Appointed by the city manager, the director of PRCS is responsible for:
● Operations of City parks, open spaces, recreation areas, and community centers;
● Maintenance and development of PRCS programs, including recreational programming and community services; and
● Management of all department services and activities.
The incoming director must ensure PRCS programs and services reflect Pasadena’s diverse and multicultural community; and provide courteous and expedient customer service to the general public and City staff.
During the May 24 virtual meeting, participants will be asked to provide responses to the following questions:
1. What are three things that you especially like about Pasadena’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department?
2. What are the top three priorities or challenges the next PRCS director should address?
3. What are the key skills, attributes and experience necessary for the PRCS director to be successful?
Microsoft Teams Virtual Meeting Details: Meeting ID: 261 776 440 95 Meeting passcode: mEAtJL
To join by phone, dial (331) 256-5069 and enter the code 576605720# when prompted.
For accessibility information or to request an accommodation, contact (626) 744-7311 or CSC@CityOfPasadena.net. Providing at least 72 hours advance notice will help ensure availability.
The City of Pasadena has partnered with the firm Koff & Associates to collect community input and conduct the search. For more information or to provide direct feedback to the recruiter, contact Frank Rojas, recruitment manager at Koff & Associates, at (510) 495-0448 or Frank_Rojas@ajg.com.