PASADENA – Twenty five outstanding individuals will be honored July 16 at the 11th Annual Women in Business Legislative Update and Awards luncheon.
Sen. Carol Liu and Assemblymember Anthony Portantino will host the event at the Pasadena Hilton Hotel.
The awards celebrate those who contribute to the greater good of the workforce through the advancement of business and the proliferation of new jobs while also serving as role models for their community and coworkers.
"These women are leading the way into the 21st Century economy," said Liu, D-La Cañada Flintridge. Brigadier General Mary J. Kight, the first female general in the California National Guard and the Guard's first woman leader, will give the keynote speech.
"I am pleased to acknowledge these terrific business leaders from my district," said Portantino, D-La Cañada Flintridge. "And, I am especially pleased that Brigadier General Kight, a dynamic leader for California, will be joining us."
The honorees include:
• Outstanding Small Businesswoman: Arlynn Robinson, Temple City; Jeanne E. Raya, San Gabriel; Mei Cheung, Los Angeles; Sandi Mejia, Duarte.
• Outstanding Corporate Woman: Sheila Cook, La Canada Flintridge; Teena Hostovich, La Canada Flintridge
• Outstanding Non-Profit Executive Director: Sherri Bonner, Pasadena; Tamika Farr, Pasadena; Nancy Lavelle, South Pasadena; Virginia Uribe, Pasadena
• Tami Ginsburg Award: Nadine Washington, Pasadena
• Empowerment Award: Rose West, Altadena; Donna Chaney, Glendale
• Women in Law: Lt. Angela Shepherd, La Crescenta
• Woman in Arts & Entertainment: Kirsten Schaffer, Los Angeles; Lissa Reynolds, South Pasadena
• Outstanding Non-Profit Employee: Anne Wolfe, Los Angeles; Jo A. Buczko, Pasadena
• Environment/Energy Efficiency: Nancy Steele, Altadena; Jessica Aldridge, Burbank
• Most Inspirational Award: Mother Love, Pasadena; DeBorrah Carter, Pasadena; Monica Blake, Pasadena
• Woman in Science & Technology: Sarita Mendonca, Pasadena; Serineh Voskanian Melidonian, Glendale