In recognition of African-American History Month, Pasadena City College has planned an ambitious calendar of events throughout the month of February. The events, which are free and open to the public, are a collaboration between various administrative offices, as well as student organizations and programs, including the Office of the President/Superintendent, Office of the Senior Vice President/Assistant Superintendent, Student and Learning Services, Ujima Program, PCC Cross Cultural Center, Associated Students Cultural Diversity, ROPE Transfer Program, Black Student Alliance, College Diversity Initiative, President's African American Advisory Committee, The Association of Black Employees, PCC Lady Lancers, and the Office of Student Affairs.
The schedule of events includes:
- February 6: Lady Lancers Basketball "Ujima Night" (Gym 220) at 5 p.m.;
- February 7: Kabasa African Drummers (Quad) at noon;
- February 11 to 14: African Market Place (Quad) at noon;
- February 13: Conversation with Multi-Media Artist Charles McNulty (V106) at noon;
- February 14: Geminelle Rollins Performance (Quad) at noon;
- February 14: Lecture "Hairspray" (Creveling Lounge at noon;
- February 15: Lady Lancers Basketball "Coaches vs. Cancer" (Gym 220) at 5 p.m.;
- February 19: Ujima vs. Faculty Basketball Game (Gym 220) at 7 p.m.;
- February 20: "Food for the Soul" Forum and Jubilee (WiFi Lounge) at 5 p.m.;
- February 21: Scholar-in Residence Connie Rice (Creveling Lounge), Faculty Round Table at 10 a.m. and lecture at noon;
- February 21: Gospel Choir (Quad) at noon; Feb. 21: Jazz Antiqua Evening Performance (Harbeson Hall) at 6 p.m.;
- February 22: CAAM Field Trip (Cross Cultural Center);
- February 22: "Hairspray" Opening Night (Sexson Auditorium) at 8 p.m.;
- February 25: African American Town Hall (Creveling Lounge) from 6 to 8 p.m.;
- February 26: Civil Rights Acknowledgment (Creveling Lounge) from 5 to 8 p.m.;
- February 26: Family Reunion (Circadian) at noon;
- February 26: Poet Wyann Vaughn (Quad) at noon;
- February 28: Food for the Soul Forum and Jubilee (Circadian) from 5 to 7 p.m.;
- February 28: Discussion with a filmmaker (Creveling Lounge) at noon;
- Febuary 28: Closing Ceremony "Honoring the Ancestors" (Galloway Plaza) at noon.
For more information, contact Beverly Tate at (626) 585-7653 or Gena Lopez at (626) 585-7255.