Animal Care Center Provides Expanded Services to More Animals, Pet Owners
There's a new animal welfare standard in town –– the Pasadena Humane Society's Animal Care Center. The advanced center includes a new Wellness Clinic housing a high-volume spay/neuter clinic, a larger behavior and training center, dog daycare and boarding, the Shelter Shop – a larger onsite pet store; and ample underground parking. The new facility, which is an addition to the Pasadena Humane Society's existing campus, opens January 9 at 9 a.m.
The goal of this expansion is to keep pets in homes and out of shelters. The Animal Care Center features:
- An expanded affordable spay/neuter clinic open Tuesday through Saturday; allowing PHS veterinarians to perform 20 spay/neuter surgeries on dogs, cats and rabbits per day.
- An affordable vaccination and microchip clinic held on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Dog daycare, which will be available in February.
- A new Education and Training Center that will hold a series of seminars and training classes.
- A new dog boarding facility.
- The Shelter Shop, an expanded on-site pet store with a variety of food, accessories, clothing and more for pets. All proceeds from retail sales go back to shelter programs.
- Ample on-site underground parking for customers.
"It's a very exciting time," says Steven R. McNall, president and CEO of the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA. "We're focusing on expanded programs to help stop the tragedy of pet overpopulation. The Animal Care Center is a proactive approach to keep animals in their homes and out of the shelter."
All services and programs, except for animal control and dog licensing, are available to pet owners, regardless of where they live. PHS is contracted by the cities of Arcadia, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, Pasadena, Monrovia (starting January 1), San Marino, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena to perform animal control duties. The $20-million expansion, which broke ground last June, is located at 361 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena 91105.
For more information, visit pasadenahumane.org.
[The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is an open door, community-funded center, which provides all animals a place where they receive a safe haven, care and respect. For more information, visit www.pasadenahumane.org.]