By Nailah Shorter
Age 11 - Grade 6
• Dr. King was a famous leader of the Civil Rights Movement. He was born in the segregated South.
• He completed his education earning a Ph.D.
• He married and became father of two boys and twp girls.
• He became a minister and was pastor of a church in Montgomery, AL.
• He led a boycott of segregated buses in Montgomery, AL.
• He wrote books and organized marches and sit-ins. He was arrested and jailed, even after using non-violent methods of protest.
• At the famous March on Washington for jobs and freedom is where Dr. King delivered his powerful "I Have a Dream" speech to an audience of 250,000.
• He earned the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway.
• Dr. King was assassinated in Memphis, TN.
• A national holiday was named in Dr. King?s honor.