Former Distinguished DC Aire Force Surgeon and Leading Preventive Medicine Physician Discusses Aging
Dr. Roger Landry, MD, MPH is a retired, highly-decorated full colonel, former chief flight surgeon at the Air Force Surgeon General's Office in Washington, and preventive medicine physician who has spent over a decade smashing stereotypes of aging, and redefining the possibilities of older adulthood. He has conducted extensive practical research on the influence of lifestyle on the aging process and compiled his findings in his first book, Live Long, Die Short: A Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging, just released January 2014.
It has already been endorsed as top 2014 picks by MORE magazine and AARP.
Dr. Landry will be giving a compelling presentation at Monte Cedro in Pasadena on January 28th at 2:30 p.m. and on the 29th at 10:30 a.m. Monte Cedro is part of Dr. Landry's Masterpiece Living Communities. Masterpiece Living is a group of multi-discipline specialists in aging who partner with communities to assist them in becoming destinations for continued growth, he is building a compelling case for public policy change with regard to aging.
He is available before after his presentations and for in-studio opportunities to discuss:
- Ten empowering tips to age successfully, which include never acting your age
- Why Pasadena is an ideal community to retire and lead "authentic health"
- Authentic health as what we can "rediscover" from our ancestors
- The importance of staying connected and having purpose rather than being marginalized as we age
- How you can distinguish which of the innumerable health claims are beneficial to you, your health and your aging experience
- How to grow new brain tissue and make dementia less likely
- How to evaluate the risks and benefits of your lifestyle, and make a plan to lower threats to your quality of life and independence
- How stress "rots us from within"
- How to never again fail at making healthy lifestyle changes
- Why our elders are part of the solution to society's challenges rather than the problem: a resource rather than a liability
Advance copies of Live Long, Die Short: A Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging are available.
[Dr. Roger Landry received his M.D. at Tufts University School of Medicine and his MPS at Harvard University School of Public Health. He is currently the President of Masterpiece Living, a group of multi-discipline specialists in aging who partner with communities to assist them in becoming destinations for continued growth. Dr. Landry was a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force for over 22 years and retired as a highly-decorated full colonel and chief flight surgeon at the Air Force Surgeon General's Office in Washington, DC. His work took place on five continents and he was medically involved in a number of significant world events including: Vietnam, the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster, the Beirut bombing of the Marine Barracks, the first seven Shuttle launches, and the first manned balloon crossing of the Pacific. He was also a member of a group awarded a grant by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Active Living by Design initiative to make cities more healthy and livable. Website: www.livelongdieshort.com. Visit the Smith Publicity Directory of Authors, Experts and Books and enter password: smith123.]