"Don't miss this opportunity to honor exceptional women in your community! Now, more than ever, we need to recognize inspirational role models." says Lisa Brabo, Executive Director.
Selected by a diverse panel, honorees will be guests at the Women of Achievement Awards Luncheon that will be held at noon on June 17, 2010, at Cal Poly Pomona, Bronco Student Center. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2010.
To be eligible, Women nominees must:
* Reside, work, or have made significant contributions to the San Gabriel and/or Pomona Valley.
* Be 18 years or older
* Be considered positive role models in concert with the Mission of the YWCA.
* Have achieved extraordinary success in their field of work, study or volunteer service.
* Be available to attend the WOA luncheon on June 17, 2010, at Cal Poly Pomona, Bronco Student Center, and to be videotaped in advance for the WOA Awards Presentation.
"We expect about 450 people to attend the Women of Achievement Awards luncheon, which this year will be part of a full day conference, Life and Leadership in a Diverse and Changing World. Details are on our website at www.ywcasgv.org." says Miki Carpenter.
Established in 1935, the YWCA San Gabriel Valley provides:
* Services for Domestic Violence Victims: Shelter and support services so that adults and children can be safe, healthy, and lead violence-free lives.
* Teens Education Program: Presentations in schools about healthy relationships to prevent teen dating violence and provide assistance to teens in need.
* Services for Seniors: Nutritious meals and care management so that elders can live in their own homes with independence and quality of life.
* Leadership Development Opportunities for women, girls and older adults.