Washington, DC (BlackNews.com) -- The 2013 White House Initiative's Year-Round Internship Program provides current undergraduate and graduate students with an opportunity to learn about African American-focused education policy, communications, and outreach at the U.S. Department of Education in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting and compiling research and data on African American education, institutions and communities;
- Performing data entry and managing the office database;
- Greeting and escorting visitors to meetings;
- Participating in strategic planning and staff meetings and other Department policy briefings and meetings relevant to the work of the Initiative;
- Responding to constituent inquiries verbally or in writing;
- and more.
Throughout the course of their internships, students will have the opportunity to attend and potentially lead in the planning and management of meetings, briefings and other special events on the Hill, at the White House and in other federal agencies.
To apply for the 2013 White House Initiative's Year-round Internship Program, visit: www.findinternships.com/2013/04/white-house-initiative-year-round-internship-program.html.
To search hundreds of other internships, visit: www.FindInternships.com.