The City of Pasadena summons all good ghosts, ghouls, witches, zombies and others to join in the fantastic family fun at its Fall Festival 2012 at Victory Park, 2575 Paloma Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 31.
The event offers an enchanting night of safe, family fun with activities for the entire family! All are welcome to come out and enjoy live entertainment, games, face painting, pumpkin decorating, arts & craft, big slide, sticky wall, a train ride around the park and, of course, delicious food!
Admission is free and special costume contests for all age groups are planned, starting with the:
- Toddler contest at 5:30 p.m.;
- Youth at 6:00 p.m.; and
- Teens, Adults and Seniors at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets for main attractions including a train ride around the park, a big slide and Haunted House will be sold onsite.
For more information regarding this event, call (626) 744-7507.
Meanwhile, it's zombie time over at the Pasadena's Central Library, 285 E. Walnut Street, where youths can learn to draw zombies—manga style—at the Zombie Manga Drawing Class, with artist Janell Mithani, beginning at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20. Participants will learn to draw and ink a ghoulish manga character. All materials provided.
The Pasadena Public Library is also sponsoring special performances by the Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre that blends folk tales, fables and rhymes into a frothy brew this Hallows Eve. Using a pinch of spookiness, a dash of the scary and just the right dose of laughter, this spine-tingling presentation of interactive storytelling will captivate all ages.
Performances times, days and dates at the following library locations include:
- Linda Vista, 1281 Bryant Street, 10:30 a.m., Thursday, October 25
- La Pintoresca, 1355 N. Raymond Avenue, 3:30 p.m., Thursday, October 25
- Central Library/Donald R. Wright Auditorium, 10:00 a.m., Saturday, October 27
- Hastings, 3325 E. Orange Grove Boulevard, 7:00 p.m., Monday, October 29
- Villa-Parke, 363 E. Villa Street, 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, October 30
- Santa Catalina, 999 E. Washington Boulevard, 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, October 30
- San Rafael, 1240 Nithsdale Road,10:30 a.m., Wednesday, October 31
- Hill Avenue, 55 S. Hill Avenue, 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 31
For more information about the City of Pasadena, go online to www.cityofpasadena.net.