The Pasadena Fire Department has sand and sandbags available at two fire stations, and is issuing safety tips.
Residents can pick sandbags at Station 37, Halstead Station, at 3430 E. Foothill Blvd., 91107; and Station 38, Salvia Canyon Station, at 1150 Linda Vista, 91103.
The Fire Department is issuing the following safety tips for heavy rains:
- Clear debris and overgrowth from drainage channels and rain gutters before rains.
- Be very cautious if holiday lights are still up and being used. When saturated with water they can cause a short. Surge protectors are recommended.
- Keep fuel in your car; power outages might shut down gas pumps.
- Don't use any food, even canned, that has come in contact with rainwater.
- Stay away from storm drain channels and other bodies of water.
- Keep your disaster kit updated with flashlight, extra batteries, portable battery-operated radio, first aid kit and manual, emergency food and water for your family and pets, non-electric can opener, essential medications, sturdy shoes and comfort items for children.
- Allow extra time and caution for travel.