Pasadena, CA — Pasadena residents and businesses are reminded that City Hall and many City services will be closed Wednesday, February 12, in observance of Lincoln's Birthday, and Monday, February 17, 2014 for Washington's Birthday (observed). Specific closures, reminders and exceptions are noted below.
- The Pasadena Fire and Police departments will continue to be staffed during the holidays for all patrol, jail, fire, paramedic and other emergency services. For any life-threatening emergencies, please remember to call 9-1-1.
- The Pasadena City Council will not meet February 17.
- The City's new Citizen Service Center, (626) 744-7311, will remain open both days, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for calls from the public.
- Pasadena residents and businesses with any power emergencies should call the Pasadena Water and Power (PWP) Department at (626) 744-4673 and for water-related emergencies call (626) 744-4138. PWP's regular Customer Call Center will be closed for the holidays, but customers can access their accounts and pay bills online at www.PWPweb.com or by calling (626) 744-4005.
- The City's Municipal Services Payment Center at City Hall will be closed both days, as will the Parking Office, for citation payments, at 221 E. Walnut Street.
- Trash, recycling and yard waste pickups will be on the regular schedule, with no bulky item pickups on either holiday date.
- The City's Area Rapid Transit System (ARTS) buses and Dial-A-Ride programs will be in full operation with no changes to regular service on either date. All parking meters will be in operation and time limits as well as all parking violations will be enforced February 12.
- On February 17, all parking meters will be free and parking time limits will not be enforced. Parking meter enforcement will resume February 18. Violations for red curb parking and blocking fire hydrants will continue to be enforced on both holidays.
- All Pasadena Public Libraries will be closed February 12, February 16 and February 17 in observance of the holidays.
- All Community Centers operated by the City's Human Services and Recreation Department will be closed on both holidays. All parks will be open for picnics, fun and play, but no site reservations are accepted for the holidays.
The City wishes all residents to safely enjoy the holidays. For more information about the City of Pasadena, go online to www.cityofpasadena.net, follow us on Twitter @PasadenaGov or call the Citizen Service Center at (626) 744-7311.