Pasadena, CA — Applications are due by 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 5, 2013 for the Pasadena Neighborhood Leadership Institute, a free, 10-week program offered by the Human Services and Recreation Department's Neighborhood Connections Division. Classes begin September 10, 2013.
Pasadena Neighborhood Leadership Institute is an interactive training program designed to empower emerging, locally-based leaders by:
- Developing leadership and communication skills
- Teaching them to work effectively in a group to effect positive change
- Building relationships with City officials and assistance agencies
- Providing the tools to influence decision-makers and make a difference
Applications are available at the:
- Jackie Robinson Community Center, 1020 N Fair Oaks Avenue;
- Robinson Park Recreation Center, 1081 N. Fair Oaks Avenue;
- Villa-Parke Community Center, 363 E. Villa Street;
- Victory Park Center, 2575 Paloma Street;
- City Hall, Room N255, 100 N. Garfield Avenue; and at the
- Flintridge Center, 236 W. Mountain Street, Suite 106.
For more information about the City, visit www.cityofpasadena.net. Follow the City on Twitter @PasadenaGov.