Social media has opened up the storytelling possibilities of ways that customers can get the most from their energy dollar. With the summer heat bearing down on us, Southern California Edison (SCE) wants to share information with customers that will not only help keep them cool, but also conserve energy and reduce utility bills.
SCE has various tips posted on its Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts to assist customers. By following SCE on its various social media platforms, your publication can quickly access energy-saving tips, as well as other products and services that could benefit readers. For example, SCE recently launched a new online newsroom.edison.com and a Summer Social Giveaway sweepstakes that offers customers a chance to win hundreds of dollars in gift cards to Home Depot, Lowe's and Sears.
As temperatures rise, Southern California Edison would like share information in order to keep you cool, conserve energy and reduce utility bills. With a simple share or retweet, you can continually engage throughout the week. The following are summer readiness tips to use on any of the social media platforms. Be sure to hashtag "#SCETips."
- Set the thermostat to 78 degrees or above and use fans to make a room feel at least 5 degrees cooler. #SCETips
- Draw drapes during the hottest part of the day. #SCETips
- Use LED and CFL lightbulbs to keep bills lower and create less heat than old, inefficient incandescent bulbs in the home. #SCETips
- Give your appliances the afternoon off. Use your dishwasher, washer and dryer and other appliances after 6 p.m. #SCETips
- Keep your home cooler when cooking by grilling outdoors or using the microwave. #SCETips
- Avoid using evaporative coolers or humidifiers when an air conditioner is running. #SCETips
For more money and energy savings tips, visit www.sce.com/save.