Part Two of a Three-Part Series
Week Two: Refresh and Replenish!
1 cup julienned seedless Cucumber
1 fresh squeezed Lemon, remove any seeds
2 cups cold Water
Natural Sweetener, added to taste: Use Stevia, Agave, Maple Syrup, etc . . . Or regular sugar will do.
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze it over a strainer into 2 cups of cold water. Sweeten lemon water to taste with your favorite sweetener.
- Fill popsicle molds 2/3 with lemonade. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour. Take pops out of freezer. Scrape and stir any ice crystals that have formed.
- Add a spoonful of the julienned cucumber to the pop molds. Be sure to leave a tiny bit of room at the top of your popsicle mold so they don't overflow when you add the stick.
- With a popsicle stick or a butter knife, press the cucumber into the mixture so it is evenly distributed Add your popsicle sticks, freeze pops for another 3-4 hours until solid.
Watermelon Jalapeno Pops Recipe
3 cups fresh red or yellow watermelon cubes, chilled
1/2 cup sugar (or natural sweetener)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
1 tablespoon liquid pectin
1 large jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender and process until pureed.
- Stir in lime rind.
- Pour into 8 (3-ounce) ice pop molds.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
2 Mangos (or frozen mango)
About 3 cups of Spinach
A few Ice Cubes
Add 2 cups of Apple juice, water, almond milk, or any other liquid you'd prefer. (Apple juice will make it fruiter and sweeter, whereas almond or soy milk will make it smoother and creamier.)
**The recipe is great as is, but don't hesitate to add other vegetables like kale or avocado.
- Add fruit and vegetables first.
- Add your liquid and ice.
- Blend it all up!
- Enjoy your deliciously refreshing drink.