Dr. Rosie Milligan presents a powerful, hands-on publishing workshop, The ABC's and nuts and bolts of starting and managing your own publishing company the right way.
You Will Learn:
- Choosing The Right Business Structure For Your Business;
- What's In A Name When It Comes To Your Publishing Company's Name;
- What's The Book Title Has to Do With It; Why Font/Type Size Is Important;
- Why Your Book Interior Layout/Design Makes A Difference;
- When You May Need A Line Editor And A Copy Editor;
- How To Choose A Formatter For Designing Your Book Interior;
- How To Choose The Right Graphic Designer/Illustrator;
- The Difference Between Conventional Printers And Print-On-Demand Printing;
- How To Complete The Application For Lightning Source Printing;
- Having Your Book With A National Distributor such as: Ingram books, Amazon.com And Barnes and Noble.com.;
- How To Obtain Your ISBN Number, Library Of Congress Number;
- How To Obtain Your Copyright Online And Save Money;
- How To Price Your Book For Profit;
- The Importance Of Having an, eCommerce Web Site;
- What The Price Ranges Should Be For Web Site Development;
- How To Set Up Your eBook;
- How To Prepare Your Manuscript For Editing;
- Formatting'; and
- How To Keep More Of The Money From Book Sales In Your Pocket.
The workshop will be held Wednesday, September 5, 2012, at Classic One Books, 1425 Manchester Avenue, Suite B, Los Angeles, CA 90047 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Call today 323-750-3592. Small classes; no more than five students per class. Credit cards accepted. Workshop registration fee: $400.00. The class is divided into two four-hour intense sessions with computer hands-on lessons. (The Workshop includes handouts and the work book.)